Snagged this recipe here, and it's excellent, although I found the cooking directions a little bit vague; I've tried to improve them a bit based on my experience with it.
Red Thai Curry with Chicken (makes one serving)
- 1-2 tbsp oil (olive or coconut work well)
- 1 1/2 tbsp red curry paste (I used Thai Kitchen)
- 1 chicken breast, thinly sliced (about 1/4") with the grain
- 2 carrots, sliced into 1/4" pieces
- Handful of fresh green beans, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 c canned coconut milk
- 2 tsp dark brown sugar (don't attempt to omit this--it's vital to the taste)
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- Chili paste to taste (optional--I use about 1/2 tsp)
In a medium pot, heat oil. Add curry paste, and saute until aromatic, about 1 minute. Add chicken breast, and stir until well coated in the oil/curry paste, about 1 minute or less. Add vegetables, and saute about 1 minute. Add coconut milk, bring to boil, and cook until carrots are tender, around 5 minutes. Finish with brown sugar, fish sauce, and chili paste; stir for 15-20 seconds. Serve immediately.
("Serve with what?" you may ask. "Do you substitute cauliflower for rice? Do you use rice? What do you do??" Nothing. Curry doesn't need rice to complete itself. Curry is amazing and wonderful and delicious and whole all on its own. Put on your big girl panties and eat the delicious curry.)