Bitcoin address: 14KqRoSne8MH1hV2os83FoUXTJmV4tMeC9

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Paleo Pizza Bake



The semester is finally over, I am for realz ABD, and I realized that I could really go for some cheese. I'll pay for it later, but it was worth it. And honestly, this is barely even a recipe, but it's delicious, so here we go:

Paleo Pizza/Lasagna Bake

-1 pkg large pepperoni (around 20 slices)

-1 pkg large Canadian bacon (around 10 slices)

-1 2.25oz can sliced black olives

-6 oz package of sliced portabella mushrooms

-1/2 lb Italian sausage, cooked

-1/2 lb fresh mozzarella (preferably pastured, of course), grated

-2-3 oz parmesan, grated

-2 cups pizza sauce (I used my recipe)

Preheat oven to 400 F (actually, I initially set it to 350, but the cheese wasn't melting well after 10 minutes, so for the remaining time--6 minutes--I cooked it at 400). Cook up the sausage in a pan, and grate the cheese. In an 8"x8" casserole dish, layer the toppings in the following order (I guess you could do it in whatever order you'd like, but this seemed to create impressive cohesion):

1. 9 slices pepperoni (this should completely cover the bottom of the dish)

2. 9 slices Canadian bacon

3. Half of the mozzarella

4. Black olives

5. Mushrooms

6. Italian sausage

7. Pizza sauce

8. Pepperoni (another 9 slices)

9. Remaining mozzarella

10. Parmesan

Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until thoroughly heated, and cheese is melted.

Eating this was enlightening: traditional pizza is totally overrated. The crust just slows you down. Pure toppings is definitely the way to go.

~Losterman

No comments:

Post a Comment